Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 178, 179

We finished the testing!  It took a couple of days (maybe more), but we finally got it all done.  Out of 100 questions, Luke got 4 wrong, and Emily got 3 wrong.  This is not the end of the story, however.  This was the CAT test from Seton.  The way it's graded is they are compared to all the other kids (including school kids) who take the test, and for each section they are given a rating.  The more kids did well, the lower the overall rating will be.  The scale is 1-10, and when the kids were younger, they got 8s and 9s on sections where I knew they had gotten all the questions right.  The reason is the grade is an average, and most of the kids got a lot of the answers right, so it brings down the score.  If half the kids scored 17 questions right in a 20 question section, that means they would score a 5.
I'm just happy to report to Luke and Emily that they scored 97 and 96%, and have officially passed 4th grade.  I'll be closing with my last of the 180 days next, and then who knows?  We still have a lot to do.  I didn't even mention the tour of the Sewage Treatment plant we took last Friday, or the Zoology picnic we have on Thursday, or the Airport tour coming up, the end-of-year picnic for our own group with crafts and water fun, or...

No comments:

Post a Comment