Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 140, 141, 142, 143

The days go by in a blur these days!  What I can remember is this:  Dance on Wednesday, Chorus for Emily, and Aikido for both.  Our new method of math seems to be working out so far, so we managed 4 math lessons plus a test and we tried one of the 'Investigations', but it was deemed beneath them (Ok, it really was.  I think we're beyond 1/2=2/4 by now). 
We started a writing project but got nowhere.  I think I'll get further with having them write fiction and making up a story.  They did both manage to get through the second level of the Sylvan program, and they seem to be enjoying it, so we'll keep that up next week, and start trying to implement some of what they are learning.
One of the reasons the days are getting away from me is the class I'm taking online on American History.  The text books are awsome, and I would highly recommend them.  I plan on using them for the kids when they get to higher levels.  They are written like a story, and are very readable.  The first one is America: A Narrative History (Eighth Edition) (Vol. 1).  This semester we're into Vol 2.
Another reason is that I just started working part-time in the evenings.  You know, the time most people have for posting these sorts of things. 
The last reason is that I'm a forgetful sort of person (see my other, less-posted-to blog, Homeschooling with Fibromyalgia).  Next week promises to be even worse, as we have doctors' appointments mixed in as well, but I'll do the best I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment