Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 145?

Ok, this post isn't about homeschooling per se.  Well, not about my day today.  We'll watch a weather video and do a math lesson, and I'll read from the book Hatchet, but today I'm going to complain about work.

I started a part time job working evenings doing data entry.  The job is fine.  The people are nice, patient, friendly, there's even a bunch of people I know and sit with during break now.  The problem isn't the job, it's the time. No, I'm not working 50 hours a week, only 20.  Such a small number, but with such a big impact!  Five days a week, I hurriedly make dinner, get it on the table, snarf it down, and bolt out the door not to return until 10:30 when the kids are already in bed, and my dh is pooped out.  Anything dh wants to do in the evenings is now a major ordeal, and I don't do anything in the evenings but work.  On top of that, right after I started was when everyone got the major illness, including dh, so I had to leave two sick kids with a sick husband.  Not cool.  At least everyone is finally on the mend now.

It's not that I mind some time away, just that I wish I still had SOME time with the whole family that wasn't spent with me in a hurry to get out.  It also limits when I can get my errands done.  Food shopping, shopping for holidays, etc. take place after work when I'm already tired and prone to buy things I don't need, which defeats the whole purpose of working!  I also find myself constantly in anxiety about getting other things done in time to get to work.  Will the car appointment be done in time for me to get everything done before I have to be at work? 

Ok, I'm done now.  I'll be fine.  Really.  What time is it?  Do I have time to...?

No comments:

Post a Comment