Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Day 145

Today we did no schoolwork.  Yesterday, each kid did a math lesson, but today is Earth Day.  My daughter wanted to go to Minnewaska State Park for a clean-up day as we have for the past two years, but I hadn't heard anything from them, so we concentrated on an area closer to home, namely, our woods.

The Rail Trail cuts through our property so that when we leave our back yard and go into the woods, after crossing a small stream and going up and down a little hill with cedars on it, you come to the Rail Trail.  I don't have a problem with this.  Actually, if we had a little trail through the woods, it would be nice.  The trouble is that sometimes people decide to go off the trail.  Actually, that's not even the problem.  The problem is that some people go off the trail to have a snack, and leave their garbage on our property.  Granted, there was some very old stuff back there in the woods.  We took apart a bed spring, and picked up a tarp that must have been there for years, and there are some other things back there I'd rather weren't but there's nothing we can really do about it.  However, when we have to pick up lighters, bottles, cans, and (this is the most unbelievable) organic healthy snack packages, that's too much. 

So anyway, we did our Earth Day chore, and cleaned up the Earth a bit.  I feel good about it, and I know the kids do, too.  I'm not so sure about my poor husband though.  We picked 6 ticks off him when we were done!

No comments:

Post a Comment