Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 144

Did a bit more today.  Actually, we did more today than we did all week last week!  This weekend I started reading Hatchet by Gary Paulsen to the kids.  It's a bit more graphic than I had hoped, so I had to skip over a bit when the pilot of the plane died.  It's about a boy on his way to his father's house in northern Canada from the US when the pilot of the plane, the only other person, dies of a heart attack and the plane crashes in the wilderness.  It's more of a book about his relationships with his parents than I thought it would be, as he has issues with his mom and his parents' divorce.

I also started reading a book about weather, but it talked a lot about mythology and who finally started to try to explain the weather scientifically rather than deistically (is that a word?).  We then watched a short video or two about weather including one on spanish words for weather.

Finally, we tackled a math investigation and it went pretty well.  We did it all together, and I think they had some fun with it as it was probability so we learned about probability being from 0 to 1, or a fraction in between, and chance being a percentage.  We then rolled dice various ways while trying to predict what would come up the most. 

Now we are watching an ocean video.  If the kids were in school, Luke would still be home, and I'd be, I don't know, working or something.  We wouldn't have been able to have such an 'educational' day, and one that I think has worked out very well.  I'm so glad that I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment