Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Days 62, 63

Yesterday was spent mostly at home.  We did spend some time doing some crafting, and history, and typing, and spelling, and music practice (which was great!) and then we got to math.  There's where we stalled out, but I'm thinking I must have used up their good graces or something, but Luke was having none of this math stuff.  He ended up by being told he would have to do it with Dad later in the evening.

It's rare for us to have a whole day at home, so when it came time to go to Numeracy Club, no one complained.  That was fine, until we got there.  I signed them in, and Luke suddenly said, "But I'm not staying!"  I guess having let him not stay the time before had stuck in his mind, and he wanted french fries.  I told him, apologetically, that I had already signed him in, so, you see, there wasn't anything I could do, and whisked out of the room.  Poor boy.  But he had a reasonable time, so I don't feel too badly about it, and I got to spend some time with DH, which is always good.

I, luck person, got to spend an evening out, and Steve had the kids. 

The next day, today, Emily and I had dance, which she must really love, because she got dressed and ate breakfast in about 15 minutes so we could get there.  We then spent some time at Nana's helping make some cards.  We also ran around in the pouring rain getting the garbage cans back from the end of the driveway, so we were soaked and had hot chocolate when we got in.  I figured the stage was set for some schoolwork.  Luke thought otherwise, but I nearly sat on him and got him to finish yesterday's undone math and do the day's lesson as well.  Beyond that, there was no hope, but we have History tomorrow in the am, then nothing since there is no library anymore, so we'll have time to work on some new projects assuming we can finish the regular business. 

Sometimes, I surprise myself with my optimism.

No comments:

Post a Comment