Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 119, 120

I'm counting Sunday this week as we did have a busy day.  We went to church in the am, then rushed home to eat lunch and get ready for the Flying Karamazov Brothers at the Bardavon Opera House in Poughkeepsie.  It was an amazing show, and I highly recommend it, especially at the discounted group rate we were able to get.  Here is a Youtube video of them for a glimpse at what they're like.  It was much more interactive than I expected, and the kids took to it fairly well.  It was one of the most amusing and funny shows I've seen!  We of course finished the evening with dinner out.  Where?  Red Robin.  Most tasty!

Today we had orchestra, and we have two Bard students who tried their hands at conducting.  It was a strange feeling to have a conductor again!  Different and strange.  No one can be Janet, of course, but it was nice to have someone to follow.  I do feel bad for the one student as he seemed very nervous!  Hopefully we don't make him nervous for too long.  Having never been conducted by anyone but Janet (and Marley), it was interesting to see the varying conducting styles.  

Anyway, it was also neat to see, when Deb suggested that the Chamber B students mark their new music, my son and his fellow trumpet player with heads bent, writing out their notes.  It wasn't long ago that I was doing all that for both of them.  Emily has been marking her own music for a while, and someone helped her with bow marking last time.  This was the first time I think Luke has done it, so that was cool.

Now we're looking forward to our concert at TBC next Monday!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment