Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 126, 127

You learn something new every day.  At least, I do.  Recently, I learned that you can do paper mache with water and toilet paper.  Thanks to The Dapper Rat, we are now making a play house for the rats out of just those materials (on a balloon blown to appropriate--read: LARGE--size).  Right now it's hanging in my kitchen above the sink.  It's right in front of the window so it looks like some weird light or display.  I guess there are worse things.

Monday was Pi day.  3/14.  I guess to be technical, we should have took note of the time at 3pm, but we didn't.  We measured some things, and have a project in the works to make a graph, so that should be good.  Unfortunately, people were pretty sick in the house, so I guess we'll there's always next year for the big shindig.  Meantime, here's a hilarious debate at a college Pi Versus e.  DH and I just watched it tonight, so we're a little late, but better late than never!  My guess is that the kids wouldn't get and/or enjoy it yet.

 Meantime, we did watch some Brainpop movies and celebrated Ag Day (3/15, of course!) by eating pizza and visiting the Ag Day site.  Today we learned all about the American Chestnut.  I don't think I could identify it, but once pointed out, I could tell you a thing or two about it!  Like the fact that they nearly all died out within 50 years of an introduced blight.  Like the fact that there is ONE tree in Vermont that seems to be ok, and they are researching why.  Like the fact that chestnuts used to be so plentiful, and cutting all the trees only made it easier for the chestnuts to take over, until the blight.
We had discussions on what agriculture means, and watched a video on organic farming and what that means.
Don't think it's too late to celebrate.  Ag Day falls this year in Ag Week (how fortunate!) so we can celebrate all week long!  Order that pizza!  Talk about where the foods come from!  Eat! Eat! EAT!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment