Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 91,92, 93, 94

The harder I try, the behinder I get.

This week was a struggle. I did indeed get my quarterly written, but I have to mail it tomorrow as this turned into the week of sickness. I was first, for a change, but I don't think it helps any. It struck in the evening on Wednesday and got worse as time went on. By the next morning, the worst was over, but I still was not back to normal, and I was exhausted besides.
Today, I'm quite a bit better, and even thought to be a little creative with the math lesson and not just have them draw thie polygons, but got the geoboards, which we haven't used in a long time, and had the kids make the shapes on them.
This was a good idea, and it seemed to make a large part of the lesson go more smoothly, but we hit a wall with Luke at the second half. He started to complain that he wasn't feeling good. Like the caring, loving mom I am, I forced him to continue until it became quite clear that he wasn't pretending or faking. The kid didn't feel good. So, while Emily went to Nana's house to help Grandpa dig a path through the snow to the birdfeeder, Luke stayed home, didn't complain about not getting to go, and then fell asleep. I think sleeping was probably the best thing he could have done, and while he is still sick now and had a fever, he was still able to eat some dinner and take some meds which I was not able to do at all when I was sick.
At this point, I don't even remember what we did for school other than math. It has been snowing so much here in the Hudson Valley that it seems like most days are spent stuck in the house (although the kids did go out most every day to play or help). I never loved winter, but I don't think I minded it as much as I do now. Season of slippery ice, snow and sickness.

It feels like it's too early to be wishing for spring, but here I am, doing it anyway. I want to sit outside and feel the sun on my face, and a warm breeze. I want to hear the buzz of insects and to start a nature journal with the kids and go, oh, ANYWHERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment