Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 99a

Homeschoolers are odd.  At least, they are in my house.  Tonight, almost at bedtime, DH decided to play with the kids.  It went from a few Aikido moves from the kids' earlier class to roughhousing to Mathy Slappy.

I think the name speaks for itself, but in case it's more odd than I think, let me explain.  Steve calls out a math problem, counts to 3 in his head with his hand up in the air, itching to 'slap' the kid he asked the problem.  It's hard to think under that sort of pressure!  Now, before you think that my husband is an insane child-slapper, let me tell you that he never hit them hard, it was all in fun. 

But the question is, who else would play this game?  And at 9:30 at night?  I can't imagine.  Actually, I'm not sure I can imagine anyone doing it.  I can say that the kids enjoyed it and so did Steve.  Who knows if that game will be played again or not, but I'm sure we'll think of something else just as crazy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment