Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 100, 101, 102

Well.  We should have more school days in here.  I see that 5 days have gone by, and only 3 were 'school' days.  Well.  I guess we need to chalk it up to weather.  It has, after all, snowed almost as much as it didn't this week.  I don't know how other people find it, but with DH home, life is different.  And with 2 snow days this week, the whole week was a bit off.

We're at lesson 69 in Saxon Math.  That's more than halfway, as it ought to be by this time of year.  The trouble is, we're starting to get more wrong answers than we used to.  We've been cruising along, not used to getting more than 2 answers wrong on the 'Mixed Practice', and all of a sudden, we hit a wall.  Up to 8 wrong!  I have heard that about Saxon.  I think they said something about the kids not really understanding the concepts, but I can't agree with that.  I think they know what they are supposed to do.  I think it's a matter of slowing them down so they do it right.  Our latest technique for that, instituted recently, is that all problems done incorrectly must be done again.

The sad thing about the snow days we had this week is that it isn't like they could even go out and enjoy it.  I think they are sick to death of snow anyway, and it was freezing, and you couldn't build anything out of it.  Oh well.  This coming Monday we are going to go sledding in the afternoon after orchestra.  I'll bring hot chocolate (or maybe we'll splurge and get white hot chocolate from Dunkin'!) and we'll try to enjoy the season without reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment