Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 113

We're at the end of Day 113.  It was a long day with no academics, but well worth it.  We went to dance, in which Emily noted on her own when she was off (wow!) and Luke got to have some needed time with Nana. 

We raced home to get lunch and prepare for company.  In our small house, we had 11 kids and 6 adults.  Did I mention my house is small?  It worked out pretty well, though, as the kids played outside a lot, and had hot chocolate in the kitchen, and the adults didn't mind sitting wherever, including the floor.  We brainstormed a bunch on what to do with the rest of the year.  In the past, I felt like I made more of the decisions and suggestions.  Now, I'm getting more laid back, or lazy, or something, but I was quite content to let people run with their ideas.  I think we have more ideas than Wednesdays!  So, we'll see what pans out from here...

At 3:25, some of us realized that we had to get to Book Club at the Stone Ridge library (by 3:30).  We all zipped off, me with Luke and Emily complaining how I sign them up for everything without asking them if they want to.  I reminded them that they were IN the ROOM with me when I signed them up!  Anyway, they went and seemed to really enjoy it.  I told them beforehand that if they didn't like it, we wouldn't do the next one.  We walked out having borrowed the next book, so I call it a success so far!  :)

A spaghetti dinner and some video game time rounds out their day, and I'm pooped as usual.  Tomorrow, back to academia and starting our new book, Science Sleuths!

No comments:

Post a Comment