Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

day 110, 111

Day 110

Thursday we went up to Albany for a doctor's appointment, so we made more of a day of it by visiting the Albany Institute for History and Art.  When we got there, Luke didn't want to go in, until he saw that it was HISTORY and art, not just art.  My boy is not the biggest fan of art museums.  The Institute is not huge, but they did have a room on Ancient Egypt, which was the main reason I wanted to go there.  They had two mummies, as well as a dog mummy which apparently had caused them some consternation as they thought it was a cat originally.  The room was very decorated, and included some statues we could touch, which was cool. 
Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to take pictures, but the kids did drawings of the Devourer (head of a crocodile, body of a lioness, bottom of a hippo-I guess all that devouring DOES go to the hips) the next day, and used our stamps of hyroglyphics to spell things out.
We also saw some artwork by the Hudons River School, which I really enjoyed, and some portraiture.  In all, it was a nice day.
"Art?  Really?  You can bring me to the museum, but you can't make me appreciate it."


The Half Moon.  The only other place we were allowed to take pictures.
 Day 111

Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures on Friday.  It was finally warm!  We went for a walk on the Rail Trail where it was really flooded and muddy.  I flipped out the first time Emily walked right through a deep puddle, but after that, who cared?  It was warm, she wasn't complaining about wet, cold feet, and it was good to be alive.  It was really nice to have a taste of spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment