Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Day 115

I have to say, there are a lot of great web sites out there, but I love Brainpop.  They have short animated movies featuring 'Tim and Moby' on just about any topic you can come up with, and activities and quizzes to go with them.  If that's not enough, they have an educator site that is FREE (did I mention that 'free' is my favorite word?) and includes lesson plans and how to use Brainpop more effectively.  They also have everything organized by state standards at the educator site.

So far, my kids are happy watching the movies, taking the 'review' quiz, then taking the graded quiz so they can get 100 on the graded one.  I'm good with that.  They also like the fact that I will, after they watch the 'assigned' movie, let them peruse around and find whatever interests them.  While I have heard my daughter say that she doesn't like it, once they are there, she's as into it as Luke.

I know Brainpop is a pay site, but through our library system, we can get it for free.  If you're in the Mid-Hudson Library system, you just have to ask your librarian for the username and password.  Way cool!  Math, history, science, health, you name it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment