Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 153-155

What a week!  Wednesday we had the usual: Dance, Co-op, which was a special Mother's Day activity that I am not yet privvy to, and Aikido.
Thursday was almost a wash as far as my doing academics with the kids as we had to go to the dentist (a 45 minute ride each way) and the car place to get a strut replaced (same area as the dentist).  We did manage to get 2 math lessons done.  It always surprises me!  It wasn't easy, but we got through them at the car place while we waited.
Thursday evening, we went to see a talk by Dr. Pigliucci on how to tell Science from Bunk.  It was a really good talk, very entertaining and enlightening.  I highly recommend seeing him if you get the opportunity.  Not so much for the kids, though, and my mom ended up entertaining them for a lot of the time.  I, having done my time with math at the car place, felt a little guilty letting her take that on, but not enough to do anything differently. 
Steve and Luke getting the launch pad ready

The Ghost of the Angry Bee prepares for takeoff
Friday was Rocket Day!  All the kids look forward to it, and it really is a lot of fun.  It was pretty windy, so we thought we might lose some rockets, but we only lost 1 and two halves.  One went over the river, and one lost a nosecone in a tree, and one sort of melted but is still in our house.  Luke's rocket was cracked on the first launch, and started melting on the second try later on.  Emily's went up a good couple of times, and mine, the stark white (due to being built the night before) Ghost of the Angry Bee (who b\lew up during the last Rocket Day) made it up and down at least 4 times and, after being given up for lost, was found and brought home!  The Ghost of the Angry Bee lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment