Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 158, 159, 160

Old Dutch Church concert day!  Or rather, evening!  It was quite a rush to get over to the church by 5:45 when Aikido got out at 5:30 across town!  But we did make it, and it was a very nice concert.  Unfortunately, I didn't get my camera to dh, so no pictures.  :(  But we were dressed quite nicely!  Our new attire this year is all black and white, and everyone at my house was very happy to be dressed up and spiffy.  Oh, and we played pretty ok, too.

Next Day
Reader's Theater went so late we had to leave the library in the dark!  It was already closed!  The kids put on The Twits by Roald Dahl.  We've read this story, but it was cute how they narrated it, even though Luke was not as into it as the last time. 
One understandable reason is that his pet rat, Dusty, had had a seizure and been to the vet's the day before.  He wasn't doing well, and would actually die not much later.  We buried him the next day.  The day after that, Emily's pet rat died as well.  It was all fast and sudden, and we are still missing our furry little companions who are the stars of so many stories and fictions and emotions in our lives. 

Next Day
Forsyth Nature Center is doing a program for homeschoolers, so of course we are there.  They learned about reptiles and Emily heard that there were a few eggs laid, so she needs more info for her project due, I think, on Friday.  That's my girl.  Luke, however, has not done anything for his homework, which is to write about the Rules and Procedures.  I smell a trip to Kingston in my near future.  I'm more and more glad that there are 20 official days left in the school year, though we are going to continue math through the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment