Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 164, 165

Thursday

Physicals for the kids today and general errands.  Got Emily's bloodwork done.  She's a real trooper about it and the lab we go to now is really fast, which is wonderful.  I don't think she'd be more anxious about it having to wait, just bored.
We did manage to get time in for math, but it took way too long to do a math test.  Emily got a 90 (I'm surprised) and Luke got an 80 (I'm even more surprised).  Attitudes could be better, and we'll be working on that in the coming weeks and aaaaaaalll summer.

Friday

Last Zoo program at Forsyth today.  I think the kids enjoyed it.  I know they have reports to do that they have to turn in by June 15th, but that's all I know.  Is this what it's like when they go to school?  How frustrating!!  Maybe I'm too hands-on, but it's driving me crazy because I've not known when it was due and if they should be working on it, and now it's due June 15th, but what is it?  They are completely unconcerned, and would likely not do anything. 
We then get to math.  They can do it, but evidently not without a lot of yelling.  Well, I'm going to try not to in future, but deal them out some consequences that may be tough to deal with.  Sigh.  It will get better.  It has to.  I have the year-end tests that need doing, so it WILL.  Actually, I think both the kids look forward to the testing.  I don't understand it, but hopefully they'll do well.  Thinking about trying it towards the end of next week.  Or maybe the week after...

No comments:

Post a Comment