Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 156, 157

Wow, been a while since I posted!  Well, we were getting to the end of the semester, and my class was winding up, and I just didn't have time to write.  So, I'm going to back up a bit, and just do a few days at a time.

What we discovered via friends on these two days was a game called Timez Attack.  This is a highly video game-like educational activity.  The graphics are really amazing for what it is, especially the free version that you download to your computer.  I've heard that it tracks how you do and adjusts the game to your ability.  I've also heard that you can, as the parent, log on and see how the kid is doing.  It gives them a  pretest, then does the same test at the end to see if they have improved.

While I'm really amazed at the quality and feel of the game, I can say that my son, the ultimate video game addict, gets so frustrated he cries with this game.  Could be he has to take it down a level, because I can also say that he really likes to play it.  It's just that the speed of the questions is pretty rapid, and he's not as fast at his facts as he needs to be.  A little practice on his part, and I think he'll love this game.

Next Day
Went for a hike.  It was billed as a 'short walk', but it was a hike.  Everyone was tired.  Dh and I were tired and sore from working outside on Mother's Day.  The kids were tired from...I don't know what they were tired from.  We started with the idea that we would walk just a little in, find a nice place with a view, sit and eat and enjoy the beautiful weather.  Yep.  That was the plan.

What happened, however, was we went to Undercliff/Overcliff.  By the time we found a spot that was lunch-worthy, we were so far we decided to complete the loop.  Over 5 miles! 

Lunchtime!  Sittin' and enjoyin'

Naturalist at work
 
Towards the very end of the hike

 Oh, sweet girl!

There were tons of these guys.  Why did the millipede cross the road?  I don't care since the hundreds of these were keeping the kids very occupied all the way back at the end.  They kept track of live or dead, and when we stopped we were amazed to see that bicyclists could drive by without hitting any.

No comments:

Post a Comment