Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 45

Day 45.  So did I do my quarterly report?  No, no.  Don't be silly.  I spent all day searching for a library book and playing pyromaniac. 

Actually, we did go to Dance today and got math and English done.  Other than that, the kids played outside, visited with Nana, and generally were happy to amuse themselves while I dashed about looking for a book that does not seem to be in the house.  Then I realized tonight that our crayons are missing too.  They were in the same bag for History class a couple of weeks ago, so I have a suspicion they will all turn up together.

Anyway, on to the pyromaniac issue.  We are going to do a map for the Explorers section of history, and one of the people in the class kindly donated the paper bags.  I unfolded and ripped each one up, then burned all the edges (outside at the advice of my kids) then crumpled them and then ironed them.  I questioned my self about the crumple-then-iron technique.  It seemed counterintuitive.  Why am I wrinkling something just to smooth it out?  I go to great pains not to wrinkle anything that would have to be ironed.  But I have to say, it came out pretty good, and I'll hopefully be posting pictures of maps tomorrow on 'scrolls'. 

Ok, other than that, I'm pooped, so the quarterly will go out tomorrow, but won't be written until tomorrow in the am.  Sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment