Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 46

Here I am again.  And I did indeed get my quarterly done.  Not mailed, mind you, but done at any rate.  My quarterly is very simple, and here's most of it:

Subject                 Materials/Covered                                                        Grade (P/F)


Math
Saxon Math Grade 4 lessons 1-35, Flip4 math game, Numeracy Club
Pass
Reading
Library program, independent reading e.g. Howl’s Moving Castle, the Harry Potter series, the Warriors series
Pass
Writing
Daily Grams, “The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe” lapbook project, Postcrossing: postcard writing

Pass
English
Library story time, English Fourth Grade Workbook, Daily Grams
Spelling Connections
Pass
Geography
Geographic terms, maps, map reading skills
Pass
History
A Little History of the World by E.H. Gombrich, Brainpop
US History class, Usborne World History, Timeline started
Pass
Science
Chemistry: elements, compounds, mixtures, atoms, periodic table
Family Mole Night at SUNY NP
Rocket Day
Zoo program, Numeracy Club
Pass
Health
Hygene, diet, nutrition
Pass
Music
Singing, participation in MUSET orchestra weekly with practice in between on trumpet, exposure to various types of music, note reading
Pass
Art
Various crafts, card-making, drawing, painting
Picturing America program
Museums
Pass
Physical Education
Swimming Lessons, Hiking, Walking, Tennis, Aikido lessons, Outdoor recreation, Independent play
Pass


I always do grading pass/fail for my reports.  The fact is that *I* know how they are doing, and they are never failing, since as soon as something is not understood, we slow down and make sure that it is.  The school district will get the end-of-year test scores anyway, so pass/fail is fine.  It makes this process much more bearable.  I'm not sure if I can continue this into high school, but as long as it works, this is what I'll use! 

No comments:

Post a Comment