Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Days 53, 54

Saturday

I feel a little guilty.  I had the kids do a math test on a Saturday!  They both did well, and we then went to Nana's house where we went crazy making candles of all sorts.

Candles we made at Nana's

We fluffed up the wax and made 'snow' that we coated onto existing candles, we filled molds with different colors and scents, we made tealight candles...It was a lot of fun to do with their Nana, cousins, and Aunt Kris.  And now we have a bunch of candles to burn!  Yay!









Sunday

So the next day, Sunday, we went for a walk in the afternoon.  It was such a beautiful day!  We went on the rail trail, enticing the kids with walkie talkies.  Notice in the picture, Dad is surrounded by kids with the walkie talkies, and also notice the dog's "I'm Not A Deer" bandana.  All in all, a nice weekend. 


Dad surrounded!




Monday

That's when we hit Monday.  Monday was pretty bad.  First, Luke didn't want to go to orchestra.  I'm starting to feel like I'm losing this battle.  He'll have to come anyway, but I'm tired of fighting him.  If he'd enjoy playing the keyboard with simple lessons, I'd do that, but I don't get a good response from him about that either.  Oh, well.  May be a moot point by next year anyway.  So, we did that, then went to Aikido, which was fine, but afterwards, I couldn't get them to participate without having a tantrum myself, and I feel stupid for it.  But in the end, people rallied, and we managed to play with measurements in a reasonably good mood.  We figured out how many cups in a pint, pints in a quart, quarts in a half gallon, and half gallons in a gallon.  That last was pretty easy, really. 

So, between my weekend and today, I'd say this more than counts for two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment