Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 43

Another Monday.  As usual, we were late to MUSET.  Not only that, but we managed to leave Emily's violin behind.  This is the third year we are in MUSET, and I don't recall ever leaving anything behind before.  That said, we did stay afterward and play, chat, eat lunch, and generally decompress after a long weekend of driving and wedded bliss for my brother and his new wife.

When we got home, my attention turned to books, at which Luke balked.  I decided to turn my attention elsewhere, and that's when I noticed how wilted the morning glory had gotten in the cold.  With that, I got the clippers and a bunch of gloves out, and got the kids outside.  They helped all the way through as we tore down all the vines.  We pulled them out of lattice, off railings, out of drainage, out of the floor.  It was crazy, and the kids loved it.  They got to use the clippers, and they got to yank and pull and have vines fall on their heads.  Then they rolled in them and hauled them away.  There are many, many days where if you told me they would do all this work, I would probably just laugh or cry.  Emily took some pictures to prove it really did happen.  Well, that may not be why she took them, but it's why I'll save them.

In summer, it was beautiful and provided shade and privacy!

Earlier today, eek!

My hard-working boy, taken by
my hard-working girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment