Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 60

It was the worst of times...

If only I had showered at 8am this morning like I had planned, this whole day would have been different.  The idea of going out to the car, chucking the kids in, and depositing them at the nearest school would have been not just tempting, but a definite possibility.  It was one of those mornings.  We began well, but then we got off track, and I lost it somehow.  I was screaming, there were tears (mine and theirs), and it was bad.  I do think there is an element of competition between Luke and Emily within all this, but I find it very hard to take.  Have I mentioned that I've heard 4th grade is hard?  Have I?

Despite the tremors in our morning, we managed to get a lot done.  A math lesson plus a test, English, grammar, geography, a touch of chemistry (mneumonics), helping with household chores, typing, spelling games on the computer...Wow!  When I put it like that, it sounds like we had a great day!  We rounded it off with a movie and staying up late (as we can all sleep in tomorrow anyway), and me reading two chapters of Cheaper By the Dozen.  Relative happiness reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment