Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 27

I used to feel proud when the kids did drawings, or wrote letters.  Now I'm proud when they are interested in hearing what ancient Akkadian sounds like when it is read out loud.  Would I have been curious about that at their age?  Probably not.  But these things are just so cool, it's good that they can enjoy it more than I did.

Right now they are playing.  Luke has been banned from video games for a week, and I have to say, it's sort of a relief not to get The Look every night.  We'll have to deal with this in terms of scheduling before the week is over so that we don't have that again.  It's good that they are playing now.  They had a busy day. 

Everyone did their math lessons, everyone did their English, they went to Numeracy Club and Dad did a chromotography activity with them that was a lot of fun.  It was one of those days where the good really did outweigh the screams.  One of the best moments?  When they were both in Emily's room, and I called out, "Come see the chromotography paper!  It worked!" and two kids came excitedly out and rounded the corner to the kitchen.  Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment