Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 39

What did we do today?  We got our lessons done.  With no fighting, no arguing.  I can't say I know why, other than I threatened them with no Halloween get-together with their friend for the afternoon.  That seems to work wonders. 
We did indeed make it to our good friend Connor's house where we feasted on mummy dogs and empanadas, and tons of yummy junk food.  I personally made caramel popcorn, which I haven't done before.  It was pretty easy, and tasty too.  We also managed to do a craft or two, and it seemed like the kids had a lot of fun.

Making Bat Pins!  See the example on the table.

The projects we worked on were a pumpkin sticker project, wherein the kids stuck the faces on their jackolantern foamies, and bat pins, which they made by cutting out the bat bodies and gluing them to clothes pins, and adding heads, googlie eyes, and fangs.  The neat thing is that if you glue on the clothes pin one way, you can clip it to the top of something, and if you glue it the other way, you can clip it up onto something (like curtains).  Fun project, fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment