Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 30

What a beautiful Fall day in the Hudson Valley!  It turned out to be the first day that we managed to play tennis since we decided it would be fun way back in June.  Summer is just too busy and/or hot, so this was perfect.  The trees are all changing, the air is crisp and we had the court to ourselves for 45 minutes!

It worked out well as we had 5 people and 4 rackets.  I know, it sounds less than ideal, but actually, it was just right.  When someone (or, actually, 'someones' at different times) needed a break, I could step in and play, which was just right for me as I can't do too much at once or I'll be feeling it for a month or two. 

Luke got the hang of serving, though back-and-forth volleys were sorely lacking for all of us.  That's ok.  We ran around the court some, we hit the ball some, and we shared some time with a friend.  Between that and getting some school work done, life is good. 

Not only that, but I took some time out to play a game with the kids today.  Everything in me was saying we should be doing 'real school', but it was really nice to take the time to play with them.  I don't do it so much anymore, and I know that the time will come when they won't want to play.  This thought makes me sad enough that it alleviates any guilt I feel about 'losing' the time.  Maybe I should view it as I 'made' the time, because really, that's what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment