Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 32

Today isn't day 32.  Day 32 was Thursday, but somehow I didn't get to it, and here we are and it's Sunday.  Time does have a way of flying!  Thursday we had our US History class at the library.  We did manage to look at our history book for once!  Having only gotten it a few days ago, I'm pretty excited about it.  I must say, though, that the kids seem less than enthusiastic.  Ah well. 

I did find a neat web site where you can make up word lists for spelling and vocabulary called Reading Logs.  It can also be used for reading logs (hence the name), but we don't do that in our house.  Basically, for the vocabulary lists, you type in the words, then you can print them out and glue them onto index cards.  The other thing you can do is put in words for spelling.  Once you've input your words, the student can then practice by listening to the word and spelling it.  They can also click to see the definition of the word.  Registration is free, so that's helpful too!  So, I've input the words for the History text, and we'll see what happens. 

We also went to the library program in the afternoon, and they took a chemistry quiz in the evening.  Busy busy!  They both did well, though, and I know they enjoy chemistry with Dad.  Much more fun than math with Mom!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment