Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 11

Today went better than expected.  We had orchestra today which, in the past, has been a bit of a bone of contention with my son.  Today, he still gave me trouble going, but not as much as I expected.  Part of the reason being that he was finally starting on a new instrument. 

I was a little worried when we got there and 45 minutes later, we were still trying to hammer out details and meet everyone.  Luke was getting a bit bored.  I poked him.  Then we got to the music.  I couldn't play, of course, not knowing what note I'd get out of my clarinet, but Luke surprised me by getting into it and trying really hard to play his trumpet by following the adult trumpet player.  He even asked to sit next to him so he could follow better!  I think this is going to work!  The adult player even accepted the idea of lessons!  Wow!!  I'm so excited!  We couldn't have left orchestra on a better note, so to speak.

But off we flew to Aikido.  It turns out there were only people we knew in the class, so that was easy.  Afterwards, Luke came out and played his trumpet for the other kids.  They loved it, and he loved it. 
Emily did not give me a hard time about math after she lost two candies.  Very cool.  Both kids did well on their first math tests, which I'm psyched about. 

The best thing, though, is that this is one of the few days this school year that has not involved me yelling at the kids.  What a joy!  I feel like I won a prize!  I don't know how tomorrow will go, but I'll have to try to hang onto this little high...

No comments:

Post a Comment