Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Day 16 Monday, Monday

Orchestra today.  I like orchestra, myself.  I've figured out how to fit my piece into the rest of it (at least at the beginning) and I have hope that it'll sound like I belong there pretty soon.  It's different for the kids, and I'm a bit puzzled.  Emily was completely lost, and I think Luke was a bit lost, too. 
They don't seem to have the enthusiasm I do for playing at home, either.  Do most parents have to force their kids to play?  I guess they do, but I feel bad for doing so.  I haven't so far (we've been in the orchestra a couple of years now) but I'm at the point where I need to.  If either of them want to get better at their instruments, they have to pick them up and play them now and again!  Maybe if we work on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star some more...

It seems like I've turned this into the List of Homeschooling Complaints, so I'm going to take a new tack for a bit and post about some of the good things we've been up to.

We almost have our rockets ready for Rocket Day on Wednesday.  We're looking forward to launching them from Steve's launch pad that he made last Spring.  I think the kids enjoy it, although I think they'll like it more and more as they get older as they can do more and more building. 
Tomorrow, we're off to tennis, then Numeracy Club in the afternoon!  Always a full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment