Can I account for all 180 days of homeschooling?

Can I account for all 180 required days of homeschooling?

You bet I can, and then some.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Day 17 Positive

Positively sick, that is.  Luke has a terrible cold, up with which he does not well put.  My boy hates like blazes when he can't breathe through his nose, and makes no small noise about it.  Since I am operating on ONE cup of coffee, and he had me up last night, I am less than in a good place.
However, it showed me rather glaringly that homeschooling is the option for him.  If he went to school, I would have kept him home today, to be sure, but tomorrow I'd be thinking about sending him in.  I'd be worried that he's missing too much school for a cold. 
Today, he managed a page of English.  That's fine.  Tomorrow, it will be something else even if he is still sick.  Homeschooling allows us to keep him in the learning zone.  It seems like homeschooling is less like regular school, and more like a vast number of Venn diagrams.  Sometimes I'm not even sure how many of the circles we're in.  What did we learn today?  We learned that sometimes it's easier to sleep in a car when you're sick.  We also learned that it's a good idea to bring the vomi-pot in the car with us, but that it would be an even better idea to bring water for rinsing said vomi-pot. 
We learned that we (Emily) can do her work when someone else needs attention.  We learned that she outgrew all her clothes from last year.  We learned that something that costs $8 would cost us $32 if we want 4 of them, and $24 if we want 3, but that maybe we can make them ourselves.

We'll return to more strict academics tomorrow, or maybe the next day for Luke, but meantime, it isn't like he's not learning something.

No comments:

Post a Comment